Do you want to build the software used by Alberta’s healthcare heroes?
At Microquest, you can! For over 27 years, Microquest has provided physicians, clinics, and other healthcare providers with the software they need to run their practices efficiently and focus on caring for their patients.
Your New Team
Our official motto is Superior Software, Unrivaled Support, and our development team is essential to creating the superior software used by thousands of healthcare professionals across Alberta.
As the UX Design Lead, you’ll work closely with our development team to design our flagship product – Healthquest, our electronic medical record (EMR) software used by over 3000 Alberta healthcare professionals. In addition to Healthquest, you’ll work with our Healthquest Online team to design our line of virtual healthcare tools, including Intake Forms, Online Booking, and our brand-new Patient Portal featuring physician-patient messaging and virtual, video appointments.
Your New Role
As our new UX Design Lead, you'll work directly with clients, stakeholders, teammates, and clients to ensure that our products and services meet our business's needs and our customers' business.
You're someone who understands the value of effective collaboration. Whether you're designing a brand-new product, coming up with a new feature, or making changes to an existing product or service — you'll tie together your skills and experience with client and team feedback to consider what's best for our clients and their overall user experience.
Your New Responsibilities
- Conduct, analyze, and report on usability studies (usability testing, competitive analysis, contextual inquiry).
- Research, and document, personas and information architecture to educate the company and inform decisions.
- Prioritize and arrange designs to help our team remain Agile and deliver value incrementally.
- Work closely with cross-discipline teams to brainstorm and design detailed site maps, user flows, user stories, pathways, and wireframes.
- Wireframe, annotate, and create prototypes that represent user-centric design flows and interactions (desktop and mobile).
- Understand trends and experiment with different forms of user-centric design, either by using pre-defined concepts or by developing new ideas and bringing them to the team.
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing great user experiences (web sites, web applications, mobile applications or related products).
- A portfolio of web application, mobile, and other user experiences with descriptions of your process, role, and contributions.
- Adaptability, communication, empathy, problem-solving and teamwork are things you excel at.
- Experience developing UX artifacts, including streamlined scenarios, storyboards, wireframes, flows, and interactive prototypes.
- Knowledge of best practices and tools for developing user journeys, task flows, and wireframes.
- Customer site visits will be required. COVID-19 protocols and safety measures will be followed; your safety will not be compromised.
Your Nice-to-Haves (But-Not-Necessaries)
- Experience and education in information and user experience design best practices.
- Experience in information architecture, interaction strategy, customer research, and the construction of software.
- Experience with providing design direction for illustration, animation, photography and video.
- Experience with the workflows used in medical clinics.
Your New Employer
Working at Microquest has its benefits!
First, you’ll receive a competitive salary with a comprehensive health benefits package.
We also insist on casual dress in the workplace. No ties are allowed and jeans are encouraged! Although, maybe not your Empire Strikes Back t-shirt if you are going to meet clients.
You’ll also be privy to state-of-the-art technology. Simply put, we’ll ensure that you have the hardware and software that you need to do your job. Is there something you need to make your job easier? We’ll get it for you! Unless it’s AI, we can’t have a bunch of SkyNets getting loose.
Are you an early riser or a night owl? Microquest accommodates both because we have flex time! Microquest personnel have a choice of starting work at any time between 7:30 and 9:30 am, and so are able to leave from between 4 to 6 pm.
Microquest believes that diverse teams produce the best products. Microquest is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and views.
This position is eligible to work remotely from the Edmonton area.