Microquest Inc. is an Edmonton-based software development company specializing in solving problems for the healthcare community. The flagship product known as Healthquest has grown over the company’s 27 year history to be used by thousands of Albertans today.
We’re searching for a special someone to join our team as a programmer. If you are interested in learning different technologies, and contributing to products that allow healthcare professionals to be ultra-productive, we want you to work with us!
- Participate in daily scrums and monthly sprints to get bugs fixed and features released to our users.
- Liaison with the Quality Assurance team, and assure them that it works on your machine so it must be something wrong on their end.
- Take part in the always exciting Change Review Board meeting, where you get a say into what features will and will not make it into future releases. This is a bribable position.
- Create some incredibly architectured applications. You understand n-tier development and why it’s important to decouple your data from your presentation layer.
- Recognize performance bottlenecks as they arise and optimize as needed.
- Joke around with the rest of the team about whatever ridiculous thing occurred recently, including but not limited to: YouTube videos, pop culture references from 1990+, Comicon and/or Cosplay-related activities and the always present kitty memes.
- 2+ years of software development
- Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree
- Familiarity with Version Control System (VCS) concepts (e.g. Git)
- Extensive knowledge of HTML5, Material-UI or other modern, responsive CSS framework
- Experience with web application development, including Node.js and React
- Expertise working with relational databases, SQL and GraphQL
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience developing and maintaining Android and iOS applications
- Knowledge and experience with Agile Development practices
- Experience building and maintaining high availability web applications
- *nix environment development/administration
- Proficiency with Powerbuilder
- Self-motivated with ability to manage yourself independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to learn and adopt new ideas and technologies
- Follow best coding practices
- A passion for problem solving and software development
Working at Microquest has its benefits!
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits package
- Casual atmosphere and attire. No ties allowed, jeans encouraged!
- All you can drink coffee and pop
- Flexible hours – 7.5 hour days – anywhere from 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM to 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM.
Please click here to complete our application form