This position is eligible to work remotely from the Edmonton area.
Do you want to build the software used by Alberta’s healthcare heroes?
At Microquest, you can! For over 27 years, Microquest has provided physicians, clinics, and other healthcare providers with the software they need to run their practices efficiently and focus on caring for their patients.
Your New Team
Our official motto is Superior Software, Unrivaled Support, and our development team is essential to creating the superior software used by thousands of healthcare professionals across Alberta.
As a programmer, you’ll work on our flagship product – Healthquest, our electronic medical record (EMR) software used by over 3000 Alberta healthcare professionals. In addition to Healthquest, you’ll work with our Healthquest Online team to develop our line of virtual healthcare tools, including Intake Forms, Online Booking, and our brand-new Patient Portal featuring physician-patient messaging and virtual, video appointments.
You’ll work with some of the best minds in the business to design, build, and debug the tools the Alberta healthcare community uses to eliminate the administrative headaches of their practice.
Your New Role
We’re looking for someone self-motivated, who lives to code, understands the value of effective collaboration, and is always looking to expand their skill set and assist others do the same.
Your New Responsibilities
- Participate in meetings and sprints to get bugs fixed and features released to our users.
- Liaison with the Quality Assurance team and assure them that it works on your machine so it must be something wrong on their end.
- Take part in the Change Review Board meeting, where you get a say into what features will and will not make it into future releases. This is a bribable position.
- Perform data transfers for our healthcare professionals, as needed, to support the transition and growth of their practice.
- Create some incredibly architected applications. You understand n-tier development and why it’s important to decouple your data from your presentation layer.
- Eking out every possible bit of performance you can from the code. It’s never optimized enough.
- Joke around with the rest of the team about whatever ridiculous thing occurred recently, including but not limited to: YouTube videos, pop culture references from 1970+, Comicon and/or Cosplay-related activities and the always present kitty memes.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree
- Familiarity with Version Control System (VCS) concepts (e.g., Git)
- Experience writing SQL queries for relational databases
Your Nice-to-Haves (But-Not-Necessaries)
- Experience with web application development
- Knowledge and experience with Agile Development practices
- Experience with PowerBuilder, .Net, React, or Node
Your New Employer
Working at Microquest has its benefits!
First, you’ll receive a competitive salary with a comprehensive health benefits package.
We also insist on casual dress in the workplace.
No ties are allowed, and jeans are encouraged! Although maybe not your Empire Strikes Back t-shirt if you are going to meet clients.
You’ll also be privy to state-of-the-art technology. Simply put, we’ll ensure that you have the hardware and software that you need to do your job. Is there something you need to make your job easier? We’ll get it for you! Unless it’s AI, we can’t have a bunch of SkyNets getting loose.
Are you an early riser or a night owl? Microquest accommodates both because we have flex time! Microquest personnel have a choice of starting work at any time between 7:30 and 9:30 am, and so are able to leave from between 4 to 6 pm.
Microquest believes that diverse teams produce the best products. Microquest is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and views.
Applications will only be accepted via Microquest’s website: microquest.ca/careers
Successful candidates for this position will be interviewed in our Edmonton office. Covid 19 protocols will be observed.
As Microquest is involved with the healthcare industry, candidates will be required to disclose their Covid 19 vaccination status.