Updated April 3, 2020: details on publicly available Intake Forms
Microquest has been closely monitoring the situation, and we have implemented multiple measures to ensure the protection of our staff and the continuity of our business.
We want to assure you that we have taken the necessary steps to ensure Microquest’s business continuity.
Every member of our team can work remotely, if required, to ensure you and your clinic will continue to receive any support you require.
We are also closely adhering to Alberta Health’s COVID-19 prevention and preparation recommendations to ensure the protection of our staff, their families, and every Albertan.
We will continue to monitor this situation and provide updates to this page as needed.
Technical support is still available at our regular support hours.
Monday to Thursday 07:30-18:00
Mountain Time (UTC-07:00)
Technical support can be reached at 780-438-3762 or 1-866-438-3762 (Toll Free)
There is no change to claim submissions – claims will be processed as usual.
There are no changes to labs and e-Deliveries – all labs and e-Deliveries will be processed as usual.
Microquest will waive all upfront setup fees and per-form completion fees for 6 months, starting March 17, 2020.
As well, clinics will continue to have access to all intake forms currently within our library:
- Adult ADHD Self Report Scale (ASRS)
- Brief Pain Inventory (BPI)
- Burns Anxiety Inventory
- Burns Depression Checklist
- COVID-19 Assessment
- Electronic Communication Consent
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder 7-item scale (GAD-7)
- CSEP Get Active Questionnaire
- Lower Extremity Functional Scale (LEFS)
- Mood Disorders Questionnaire (MDQ)
- PaCT Care Plan
- Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9)
- Patient Health Questionnaire Modified for Adolescents (PHQ-A)
- Screen for Child Anxiety Related Disorders (SCARED) - Child Version
- Screen for Child Anxiety Related Disorders (SCARED) - Parent Version
- SNAP-IV 26
COVID-19 Assessment Intake Form
We’ve developed a new COVID-19 assessment form for our Intake Forms app. This form is available free-of-charge for anyone who wants it.
To get access to this form, contact our support team at 780-438-3762 or 1-866-438-3762 (toll-free).
dr2dr Secure Communication
There is no change to dr2dr – we will continue to provide dr2dr at no cost.
For more information about dr2dr, including the Alberta Health e-consultation billing codes, please visit https://welcome.dr2dr.ca/
*Please note - dr2dr is for communication between healthcare professionals only.
Upcoming Virtual Care Tools
Microquest has shifted our efforts towards developing new virtual care tools for your practice – patient messaging and virtual appointments.
Our entire development team is working hard to bring the patient-provider messaging to you as soon as possible. This solution will allow healthcare providers to communicate electronically with their patients in a secure, controlled setting.
As we near closer to the release of the patient-provider messaging feature, our development team will begin to shift focus to the next stage: virtual appointments.
Virtual appointments will allow you to visit with your patients virtually and remotely, helping to ensure continuity of care in these difficult times.
*We will let you know as soon as our patient messaging solution is available.
Health Service Code 03.01AD and ICD Code 079.82
As of March 12, 2020, Alberta Health has implemented new service and diagnostic codes for conversations related to COVID-19:
- Health Service Code 03.01AD for Telephone advice to a patient or their agent (agent as defined in the Personal Directives Act) during a viral epidemic.
- ICD Code 079.82 on all SOMB claims related to COVID-19 even if the patient is not diagnosed with COVID-19 but consulted a physician for symptoms.
For more information on the update, read more about it in the latest AHCIP Bulletin.
To ensure you obtain these codes, update your AH Tables via Setup > Load AH Tables. Ensure you check off Load AH Diagnostic Codes Tables.
Virtual Care Billing Codes for COVID-19
As per the latest bulletin: Effective March 31, 2020 the Claim Assessment System has been updated to reflect the previously
announced amendments to the Schedule of Medical Benefits (SOMB) including the new virtual care codes
outlined in Medical Bulletin 222.
On March 23, 2020, Alberta Health has implemented new, temporary billing codes for virtual care related to COVID-19:
- Visit Services – HSCs: 03.03CV and 03.03FV.
- Consultation Services – HSCs: 03.08CV and 08.19CX.
- Mental Health Services – HSCs: 08.19CV and 08.19CW
According to Alberta Health, these changes will be retroactive to March 17, 2020.
To ensure you obtain these codes, update your AH Tables via Setup > Load AH Tables.