Microquest Inc. is an Edmonton-based software development company specializing in solving problems for the healthcare community. The flagship product known as Healthquest has grown over the company’s 25 year history to be used by thousands of Albertans today.
We’re searching for a special someone to join our team as a junior software developer. You’ll learn the ropes from senior developers and staff, work on our main product, and contribute to creating an outstanding experience for our customers. Soon enough, you’ll be a positive force driving the development team.
If you are interested in learning different technologies, and contributing to products that allow healthcare professionals to be ultra-productive, we want you to work with us!
- Participate in daily scrums and monthly sprints to get bugs fixed and features released to our users.
- Liaison with the Quality Assurance team, and assure them that it works on your machine so it must be something wrong on their end.
- Take part in the always exciting Change Review Board meeting, where you get a say into what features will and will not make it into future releases. This is a bribable position.
- Create some incredibly architectured applications. You understand n-tier development and why it’s important to decouple your data from your presentation layer.
- Eeking out every possible bit of performance you can from the code. It’s never optimized enough.
- Joke around with the rest of the team about whatever ridiculous thing occurred recently, including but not limited to: YouTube videos, pop culture references from 1970+, Comicon and/or Cosplay-related activities and the always present kitty memes.
- BSc. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree
- Familiarity with Version Control System (VCS) concepts (e.g. Git)
- Experience writing SQL queries for relational databases
- Experience with web application development
- Knowledge and experience with Agile Development practices
- Experience with React, Node, Powerbuilder or .Net
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to manage yourself independently
- A willingness to learn and adopt new ideas and technologies
- Follow best coding practices
- A passion for problem solving and software development
Working at Microquest has its benefits!
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits package
- Casual atmosphere and attire. No ties allowed, jeans encouraged!
- All you can drink coffee and pop
- Flexible hours – 7.5 hour days – anywhere from 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM to 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM.
Please send resumes to email@example.com. Include a cover letter that indicates your experience with our Qualifications and Nice to Haves. List our requirements and tell us why you qualify for this position. We’d also love to see your Github and Stack Overflow profiles and any sample code or design work that you can provide. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.