Microquest Inc. is an Edmonton-based software development company specializing in solving problems for the healthcare community. The flagship product known as Healthquest has grown over the company’s 25 year history to be used by thousands of Albertans today.
We’re looking for a full-time software tester to join our team of tech wizards and pop culture aficionados. You’ll learn the ropes from senior staff, work on our main product, and contribute to creating an outstanding experience for our customers. Ideally, we’d like a perfectionist with a touch of OCD that will keep our developers in line.
- Working closely with the development team to quickly address project and production related issues.
- Provide support and debug expertise to co-workers.
- Provide input to help improve application usability.
- A willingness to learn and adopt new ideas and technologies.
- Ensure product stability and performance.
- Execute tool assisted and manual testing within assigned areas.
- Document and maintain test coverage documents for assigned content.
- Assess testing requirements for new content, systems and tools.
- Interact with and prioritize the testing needs of multiple teams/projects.
- Reproduction and regression of defects, defect origin analysis.
- Define tests for new features and keep them up-to-date throughout product releases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures.
- Strong observational skills, analytical and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage yourself independently.
- Proactive in completing tasks and escalating issues appropriately.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- 2+ years in a Software Quality role testing Windows/Mac, web, iOS, and Android applications.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical certifications.
- Automated Test Design/Scripting.
- Experience with bug tracking tools for reporting, tracing and troubleshooting defects (e.g. JIRA).
Working at Microquest has its benefits!
- Casual atmosphere and attire. No ties allowed. Jeans encouraged!
- Unlimited selection of K-cups and a dedicated pop fridge, free of charge.
- Nerd it up with the rest of the team on regular company outings and events, including our legendary Christmas party!
- Flexible hours – anywhere from 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM to 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM.
Please send applications to email@example.com. Include a resume and cover letter indicating why you are qualified for this position. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.